Acupuncture promotes health and optimizes the operation of the human being holistically in all aspects; physical, mental and emotional. In terms of the ability to procreate a new life it is very important that the couple is healthy and managing the stress of life in the best way.
Acupuncture affects the reproductive system in the following way:
- Promotes blood circulation in the pelvic cavity, consequently improving the functioning of the ovaries.
- Improves the flow of blood to the ovaries stimulating follicular production.
- Increases the blood flow to the uterus that thickens the wall of the endometrium and facilitates the implantation of the embryo in case of In Vitro fertilization
- Reduces the risk of abortion because it strengthens the wall of the uterus which allows you to absorb better nutrients and hormones needed to sustain the embryo implanted in the case of In Vitro fertilization.
- Helps with the side effects of hormone treatments in case of being necessary to increase fertility
- Reduces stress
- Regulates the menstrual cycle
- Helps regulate hormones not in a direct way but it stimulates hormonal regulation in the brain and autonomic nervous system centers.
- In women older than 40 stimulates health in general including reproductive capacity although it is not possible to check it, it is quite noticeable that it reduces the effect of biological age.
- Significantly improves the concentration of sperm and their mobility. If you consider the need for In-Vitro fertilization is very important to start with acupuncture treatments at least 3 months before carrying out the procedure since the sperm takes 70 days to generate.
In the case of fertilization In Vitro, it is advisable to start treatments approximately 4 months before implantation of the embryo.
Research and development:
In recent years the number of studies related to infertility and the way in which acupuncture benefits has increased:
- In 2002 in Germany acupuncture treatments were given to a group of patients before and after implanting the embryo through in-vitro fertilization and the results showed that the rate of success is increased by 50% in patients undergoing treatments compared with the control group that did not have acupuncture treatments.
- Dr. Raymond Chang, medical allopathic and acupuncturist, has done studies comparing the rate of pregnancy from prescription drugs that stimulate the production of eggs with the use of acupuncture and attained results that conclude that they yield the same results: 50% of success in 3 months.
- Dr. in acupuncture and medical allopathic, Professor of medicine at the New York University School of medicine establishes: "acupuncture restores the flow of energy, as far as fertility is concerned, the treatments have a soothing, restorative effect, increase the feeling of well-being and finally help the body to accept the creation of a new life".
- Studies published in the Journal of Fertility and Sterility in 2002 carried out by Dr Chang and Dr. Zev Rosenwaks specialist in Endocrinology and reproduction of Cornell University, found that acupuncture treatments stimulate the hormones of conception, increase the production of endorphins which affects the regulation of the cycle.
- In the Medical Acupuncture Journal a published study by Dr. Sandra Emmons, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Sciences of Health in Oregon University where he establishes that acupuncture directly impacts the production of follicles available for In Vitro fertilization "Acupuncture affects the supplement of blood to the ovaries by dilating the arteries and increasing circulation so the ovaries receive more hormonal stimulation."
Acupuncture positively affects reproductive capacity, if there is a structural defect or other problem such as an oversized fibroma or blocked fallopian tubes, you must carry out surgical procedure to solve the problem.